Sunday, August 23, 2015

Today in (my) history....

On this date in 1950, which that year was a Wednesday, I ran away from home, a couple of months short of my 18th birthday, to start training as a power station operator, for what was then known as the Hydro-Electric Power Commission of Ontario, now known as Hydro One. Today's version bears no resemblance to the Ontario Hydro I knew back then, nor do I. It's now 65 years later, and Hydro One is about to be sold off to pay off some of its huge debt, and I'm not about to be sold off because nobody wants a slave with this many years and this many miles on him, lucky for me. And if I knew then what I know now, I'd have taken Mom's advice, and stayed in school until I knew my ass from my elbow.

1 comment:

  1. As I can judge from my own behaviour: the older you get the smarter and wiser you get. When I review my past, this involves many shakings of my head....

    ReplyDelete