Monday, October 19, 2015

Linux and Windows - and other stuff.


First, some "other stuff". I've got the "flu" or whatever is going around, and in the past few days have had a very sick stomach, and then nose and eyes watery, and yesterday a nose-bleed. It did not want to stop. I had to adjust my heart medicine to lower the blood pressure to get the nose-bleed to stop. I am slowly feeling better, but not near well yet.

Next, for a minute or so, let's talk Windows and Linux Mint. I had a hell of a time trying to get these to dual boot, because Linux doesn't always see a Windows system already on a drive. If you can get beyond that, then you have it "made".

The recommended way is to install a Windows system first, then the Linux, and when choosing your Linux, make sure to choose one that will install on a system using either UEFI or BIOS booting systems. If it can do both of those, it will install on both older and newer hardware without problems.

Install the Windows first, then install the Linux. After you have both in a dual-boot arrangement, you can upgrade the Windows to a newer version without problems, and you can also upgrade the Linux, I think, but I have not tried yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment