Thursday, October 8, 2015

Linux Mint: Gimp, the poor man's Photoshop, a great freebie!


This isn't like the photo-editing and image-manipulation programs with which I'm familiar, but it's a very sophisticated program with a lot of 'goodies' which aren't readily apparent at first glance. And it works like a charm!

We've heard the old song "Autumn In New York"..... this image is "Autumn in West Vancouver" and it's of a tree across the street in West Van, as seen from the North Van side of the municipal boundary. And it only took me about half an hour to find the information I needed to locate the Gamma adjustment in Gimp, which doesn't even call it a Gamma adjustment, making finding it not very obvious. But I found the little devil, and it really works. As I said in the header above, this is the poor man's 'Photoshop' and it's absolutely free. So I don't mind doing a little work to learn how to use it properly. It has a learning curve, for sure, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment