Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Today's "Top Ten"


Tom, over in New York, asks: "Do you have relatives or friends in Russia?" and I have to say, "No, Tom, I do not have relatives in Russia."  Obviously, it looks like I have a few friends, but that's probably because I have a Translating Tool in the right-hand margin here, which I hope is translating this page correctly.

 Если это не делает смысл для вас, пожалуйста, оставьте мне комментарий ниже.
(If it does not make sense to you, please leave me a comment below.)

This Google Translate gadget is very useful, when it works correctly, and I hope that it does. The world is a lot more fun when we can speak to each other in our own language, and be understood by others who speak a different one.

Russia and Canada share a very similar climate, and when our western prairies were first being settled, many of the pioneering farmers were from Russia and its nearby states. So we have a lot in common in addition to our climate.  




                             


No comments:

Post a Comment