Monday, October 26, 2015

What's with Windows lately?

Sometimes, I really wonder about Microsoft. Yesterday, starting Windows 7, and checking for Updates, I was offered one of the optional variety. Just for the hell of it, I decided to look up the Knowledge Base article it relates to, and when I got it, I found this update had nothing to do with Windows 7. The Update in question is for KB 3095649. Here are the listed prerequisites for this update:-

Update detail information

Prerequisites

To apply this update, you must have April 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 (2919355) installed in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.

Do you see any mention in the above relating to Windows 7? I don't. So why is this update being offered to Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, build 7601? Is Microsoft working on some mysterious hidden agenda? Or have they forgotten there's a difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8.1? This kind of thing is not doing their credibility any good, and it's not making them a lot of friends. If they can't tell one version of Windows from another, how the hell do they expect us to?

No comments:

Post a Comment