Sunday, November 29, 2015

I'm getting Ski Fever again, and I'm too old for it...



It's a beautiful sunny day here, and colder than a mother-in-law's heart! Just perfect for flying down my favorite run on Black Mountain at Cypress.....


And with today's snow-making equipment, as long as it's cold enough, we don't really need a whole lot of clouds and snow.  I can close my eyes and relive every foot of that run. The breathless rush of air coming out of that first steep turn, the sometimes-bare spot halfway down where the run crosses under the chairlift, and the long sideways skid at the bottom to slow down enough so that I wouldn't wipe out part of the lift lineup at the finish. Being an old showoff, I just loved showing the kids how it's done on that one. Done right, the kids tending the loading at the bottom would ask "Are you back already?" ("Yes! I just love riding this chair!")

No comments:

Post a Comment