Thursday, November 19, 2015

Today's Weather - as a Desktop Background


Several weeks back, the C.E.O. of Microsoft.......


Said: "I want everyone to love their Windows!"

Dear Mr. Nadella: 

I do. I really do! I'd be lost without something like this to play with, and change and discover and explain to those less familiar with it. I've been one of your more mouthy Windows Insiders ever since November 15th, 2014, and I often blog here about it - the good, the bad, and the ugly - not because I'm trying to denigrate anyone's wonderful accomplishments, but because I want us all to be better informed about our Windows, appreciate it for what it does for us, and hopefully, add our own efforts to those of many others making Windows even better. 

For years, as in back in those not-so-nice Windows Vista days, I've periodically sent pleading emails to you folks at Microsoft, urging you to let those of us out here among the faceless masses provide you with our impressions of Windows, and include suggestions for improvements. It took a while, because Microsoft was too well aware of its critical fan base, but finally, my prayers were answered and Microsoft had a change of heart. The gods in Redmond decided to accept the mumblings of the masses, and the tide turned. And we've never looked back! Nor will we, I fervently hope.

As I've said too many times already, the vast majority of users of Windows don't know computer code from String Theory, but here's our sole but useful contribution: we know what we like. Give us what we like, and we will make you richer than Midas, more popular than Julius Caesar, and more famous than Dolly Parton in a wet T-shirt. And you are doing your best to do that for us.

So Yes, Mr. Nadella, I do love my Windows, and may I please say 'Thank You'? Thank You to everyone at Mighty Microsoft for turning our world into a much more accessible neighborhood, where we can all learn and share and benefit from one another's experiences, and hopefully realize as we do this that all of us are much more alike than we are different. Thank You! And enjoy your day, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment