Thursday, December 17, 2015

Updating Linux Mint 17.3 .......


No "dancing girls", just the facts, Ma'am. As Joe Friday might say. Who remembers Jack Webb? His famous show was 'Dragnet', his name was 'Webb' but no, he didn't invent the Internet, and the World Wide Web isn't exactly named after him. But in some alternate universe, maybe it could be.

I've always been partial to the name 'Friday' because I was born on a Friday, at about 10:57 a.m., in a small town country hospital, during a November snowstorm. It was "Armistice Day" November 11, just before the traditional two minutes silence at 11:00 a.m., and I was crying loudly during the silence. And I've been 'disturbing the peace' ever since. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it, and it might as well be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment