Sunday, January 10, 2016

Are you as distressed by American politics as I am?

I can hardly believe some of the things I'm reading on Facebook lately about what's going on next door in the U.S.A. these days.

As I said on FB recently, if Americans took their religious beliefs as seriously as they take their politics, they would be the most moral, most God-fearing, most saintly people on earth. Instead, they're being misled into misunderstanding their own Constitution's Second Amendment, and more than 30,000 people are being killed each year by firearms. 

I find it difficult to understand why this is allowed to continue, when it seems so obvious that this is not a wise, responsible or sensible course to follow. There are plenty of statistics and plenty of examples of how other nations have solved this issue. And allowing armed goon squads to roam around disturbing the peace and complaining about their legitimate government seems quite stupid.

5 comments:

  1. "I find it difficult to understand why this is allowed to continue"

    In a single word I'll explain this entirely for you Ray... MONEY
    Or possibly that could be spelled GREED

    ReplyDelete

  2. Do you see any way the voters of the country can regain control
    from the likes of the Koch brothers and other special interests?

    Or are the ultra-rich going to use their money to re-impose slavery
    as the only viable option for survival?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had an answer for you on that one. The rich certainly have it over us common folk, because as you say their hands are in the pockets of our government.

    I feel bad for our future generations. Where will it go. Maybe 1984 wasn't that far off.

    ReplyDelete

  4. They say knowledge is power, so perhaps if enough of us get a look
    at the whole picture, a solution can be found. Let's hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say we start by collecting as many electrons as we can. Then we can shock the hell out of them...

    ReplyDelete