Saturday, April 16, 2016

And now, for the real Ubuntu......


This is the genuine article itself, not running inside anything else, but installed as a operating system on its own. And "looking good" I might add. Windows is going to keep on screwing around until we all get pissed off and switch to a system like this, which is clean, modern, free, and kicks ass!

I've put it on my number one PC, the one with the quad core processor, running in a dual-boot configuration with Linux Mint 17.3, so I can easily compare them. At first glance, I'd say they are quite a lot alike, and they share a fair amount of software. So I can add some of my favorites from Mint into Ubuntu. And I don't have to wait for a couple of hours while an upgrade arrives and gets installed. Windows is going from better to worse, I think . It's getting so fat & happy, nobody cares if it takes half a day to do an upgrade and configure it to begin working again. And that isn't going to sit well with the folks who have to work for a living with it. But they can always switch to Linux. More of us are every day. After all, Unix, on which it's based, was around before Windows saw the light of day, and it still has a lot going for it. You should try Ubuntu or Linux Mint and see for yourself. 

These systems really work, and they're fully dressed with all the software you'll need to get the job done. And some to spare. Ubuntu, along with everything else, has a nice selection of games for those who enjoy them. It also comes with LibreOffice already installed, for those who want to actually work with it. It's a nice operating system. You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment