Wednesday, April 27, 2016

And on Computer Number Two...


Color me frustrated with Mighty Microsoft's Windows 10. "How frustrated?", you ask. A lot! I wanted to deactivate Cortana and began that process Tuesday morning quite early. I found several "sure fire" methods for it, tried each a couple or three or four times, until convinced it wasn't working, and by then, it was into the afternoon. Then, I found another hot item explaining why it couldn't be done.

It couldn't be done, because Microsoft has now integrated Cortana so well into its main systems that any attempt to remove it via the Registry or other hack will result in damaging other parts of the system. So the story goes... So, if I want to get rid of it, and I most assuredly do, then the most efficient way is to simply throw out Windows 10 completely. So I did. Welcome to Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon. It doesn't need a Cortana, because its users already know what they are looking for, and where it might be found.

1 comment:

  1. Color me amazed Ray. After all the time that you put into Windoz 10, you dump it. I gotta tell you, that says a lot about Windoz 10!!!

    ReplyDelete