Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tonight's sunset..... and other stuff.

First, tonight's sunset - which wasn't happening in the west, but instead, in the north. It was most evident in the valley toward the north, which forms a gap in our north shore mountains here. The western horizon was mainly clear and uneventful.


Lately, I've been addicted to Facebook, and it's hard not to be, because there's so many different topics on there to tempt one to comment on. And for an old "know-it-all" like me, that's a particular challenge. I sometimes even comment on things related to quantum mechanics, and I really don't know quantum mechanics at all. I'm just a high school dropout with an overactive curiosity, and Google Search. It's amazing what you can learn from asking the right questions in Google Search. For example, let's Google for "Professor Susskind's lectures at Stanford on Physics" and see what we get....


And from that list, let's try this one......


And then, let's scroll down to the actual list, and select one.... The beginning is usually a good place.... And I love this guy. I wish I knew more math. But even so, he's very interesting to listen to, and it's not all math by any means....



This is a fairly long lecture, and you may not wish to sit through it all, but if you watch some of it, you'll get an idea what it's all about. Fascinating stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment