Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Remembering to Blog....and sometimes, not.

Lately, as you may have noticed, there aren't as many religiously-regular postings here.

That's because Facebook gets addictive, and I get a lot more responses and comments there than I ever did here. And that matters, if one appreciates appreciation, or even some criticism from time to time.

I've been writing here for years now, about problems encountered with Windows XP, Vista (Ugh!), Windows 7, and lately 8.0, 8.1, and 10..... those latter three really being, for those of us who like it logical, Windows 8, Windows 8, SP1, and Windows 9. Mighty Microsoft didn't use the number "nine" because it's too much like the German word "Nein" meaning "No". At least, that's my theory, and so far, nobody's argued about it.

But I'm digressing just a bit here. I'm trying to say blogging hasn't been nearly as satisfying for me as I had hoped it might be. I haven't had many responses, and those I have had came from just two or three people, at least one of whom is now dead & gone. People simply aren't all that interested in what I've been saying, except when I'm not saying anything much, but posting YouTube videos of music I like.

So, I'm doing this less often, and spending more time on Facebook or places where I'm having more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment