Tuesday, September 20, 2016

More this and that.....


This morning's sunrise, about 7:00 a.m. or a little before.


And this is why I don't really miss the satellite TV that was shut down here recently. The Internet provides the same programming, if you go to your favorite station.

That satellite service was operated by the same company which provides the cable TV here, and they expected us to sign up for cable after they cut off the satellite feed. But I discovered that a UHF antenna I built years ago for my stereo can also receive digital TV signals, so I get 7 channels of digital TV for free from it. Anything else, I can usually find on the Internet. So the cable company didn't get me back.  


1 comment:

  1. Good, economical decision.
    The cable guys ask a lot for their "service", ie simply entertaining some cables and the connection to the satellites. At home, cabel and dish are for free if you do your own dish and the wiring!

    ReplyDelete