Monday, January 23, 2017

Something I put on Facebook today...

Old-Fashioned, that's me....
I just re-subscribed to my once-upon-a-time regular daily paper, The Globe and Mail, because I miss Margaret Wente's columns, and a daily paper. I'm old-fashioned. I like my milk in glass bottles and my newspaper at the door when I wake up in the morning. I like to start my day reading things like this.......
"Why are we so irrational about Donald Trump? Well, we’re tribal, and we’ve decided he is Moloch. (By “we,” I mean the usual left-liberal-academic-media-urban professional crowd who don’t own pickup trucks.) Also, we have no sense of perspective. Most of us who live in North America have no idea what bad leaders or bad times are truly like. We don’t know any history, either."
That's an excerpt from Margaret's latest column, and a small sample of why she's an award-winning columnist. As the former comedian Fred Allen once might have said, "The way she writes makes me want to put my quill back in my goose."

No comments:

Post a Comment