Friday, April 10, 2009

New and Improved Windows 7 Build 7077.....


Above, the results of a speed test to Speakeasy, Seattle with Build 7077 of Windows 7.

Just when I thought I had the latest version of the Windows 7 Beta, I didn't - this one shows a release date of April 4th, 2009 making it just six days old. It's new, it's improved, and once again it has been tightened up and cleaned up some more. They are obviously getting closer to a finished system, and this one is a slightly smaller download than build 7068 was - but that may be because this doesn't contain any other choices but Ultimate. The 7068 build offered a choice of Starter, Basic, Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate. And like 7068, this is using the same license expiry date of 01-03-2010, and the same product key codes as before.

It takes about three hours to download the ISO Image, and about an hour and twenty minutes to install the program from the DVD you make from that ISO. Your reward is a newer and slightly smoother and more responsive O/S with a slightly more user-friendly user interface. I like the revised Control Panel layout, and a nicer Start menu window. And I'll have more comments after I use it longer - I've only had this up and running for about an hour....and I should mention also that this does a smoother upgrade from its previous version than the build 7068 did, and the nice part of that is that you don't have to re-install everything after it's done. It's looking like another 'keeper'.

No comments:

Post a Comment