Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Daffodil Day is coming


I should add here that I am not living with cancer, but I was until I received a prostate cancer brachytherapy on the 13th of April, 2010. That procedure took
less than an hour to perform, and the radioactive implants completely destroyed the cancerous portions of the prostate, as evidenced by follow-up testing which
shows no sign of a recurrence, two years afterward. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Mira Keyes and her team at the Cancer Clinic downtown, and I am now a monthly donor to help them help others. 

2 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful...for you, Ray, as well as others. On behalf of all those who are going through same, right now, thank you very much. :-)

    I wonder if you would want to ever go up to the ward and encourage others, as they are going through their dark days? Seeing a smiling face, of someone who has been there and done that would, I bet, really cheer them up! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ TC[Girl]

    There isn't much of a "ward" these days, except for the terminally ill who are into their final days, and those are pretty-well limited to immediate family.

    Most patients at the Cancer Society's facilities are day-care types, and the main parts of that clinic are closed except during the daytime hours. But during the day in there it's like Grand Central Station - people coming and going all over the place, and it's a beehive of activity. You'd probably be surprised at how many people are receiving their help.

    ReplyDelete