Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My semiannual visit to the Cancer Agency....


This is a Google Street View image from May of 2009, but it hasn't changed. And my test results are still very good, thanks to the prompt care these folks provided two years ago this month. These people are life-savers and I'm proof.


Another Google Street View image, this time the parking garage entrance on Ash Street, just around the corner from the front entrance on West 10th Avenue. I'm delighted to see the fellow inside the booth is still there, unlike his counterpart at the parking garage of Lions Gate Hospital here in North Vancouver. They got rid of him some months ago, and I think that was one of the stupidest acts I've seen in recent years. When we go to a hospital, we have enough to worry about without having to worry about our car being towed and impounded for overdue parking fees. The fellow in the booth at the Cancer Agency today told me that they've had lots of complaints about that, and I told him that I'm very glad to see that he's still in his usual spot. I mentioned all this to my radiation oncologist too, and she says "They're getting rid of people everywhere these days." To which I replied, "And where's the taxes coming from, if everyone's unemployed? - they obviously haven't thought this through." She agreed. I asked her to put in a good word for the attendant in the booth of their parking garage, in case anyone tries to eliminate him too. And that's how I spent about half my afternoon.  And why I haven't done a rant about Windows 8 lately.....but I'll get back to that a little later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ray...

    Congrats re: the "clean" bill of health! Good onya, Matie! :-D

    Hugs...

    (lovin' the "new" email follow-up for the comments...again; what a concept! Now, there was one of my "bitches!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete