Friday, April 27, 2012

'Old Faithful', my ZX-10, came home today....

And it didn't cost me a fifty dollar cab ride over to the dealership across town to go get it, either. Maybe I'm finally getting smarter in my old age. I asked my neighbor, Don, if I could take him for a little ride over there, and have him drive the car home, while I rode the bike and played in the traffic. He agreed, and so I saved the fifty bucks. A penny saved is a penny earned.

This year's lineup of new Kawasakis looks wonderful, and I'm struggling with the usual annual case of "bike fever", but I really don't need another bike just now. I'm still working at getting my money's worth out of the renovations we did on this old one last season. And now that the leaky gas tank has been rebuilt, and holds gas once again without soaking my jeans, it's running very well, thanks.
There isn't a whole lot goes past me if I'm paying attention and not wanting it to.
So a new one wouldn't do any better than that for me. And this one's paid for.
That's not all bad, either. But none of these arguments works when I'm standing in the showroom looking at the new stuff, and calculating the budget to see if one fits into it. So I have to stay out of that showroom. It's a man trap.

2 comments:

  1. Things you learn reading those motorcycle forums on the web:-

    "God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You're *SO* FUNNY! Even as a "girl," I'd be STRUGGLING standing in front of a bike, myself, after ALL these years of NOT having ridden one! The "urge" comes over me, whenever I am enjoying a beautiful day, outside...and a dude (or chick!) flies by me! ENVY! :-P

    Your "old" bike looks "hotter" than the bike that I had! But...it got me from Point A to Point B and...that was all that really mattered, at that time! :-)

    ReplyDelete