Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Today's the day, Folks.....


So, will I or won't I? I'm still thinking that over. I've already got everything that I want in my original Windows 8, including this program restoring the Start Button and Menu which I tried for a while and then later removed. It works very well, but I'm already accustomed to the original system's methods, plus a few refinements of my own, like the shortcuts on screen for Reboot and Shutdown, which do just that with one click. And neither of my two PCs have touch monitors, so I really don't need more 'bells & whistles' in that department. And as you can see from this screenshot, I've got the Desktop quite comfortably outfitted already. My previous blogs on here have explained how to do that.

Those gadgets you see here?  It's called '8gadgetpack' and you can get it here. It lets Windows 8 run even more gadgets than Windows 7 did, and you can even
install these gadgets individually into your Windows 7, if you wish. They work equally well in both operating systems. 

I really don't need an 'improved' version of Win-8, because I've already made the improvements to the original myself, using freeware available on the web.

Today's Question Everything is: "Why is Microsoft playing 'catch-up' when it ought to be leading the pack?"  What's happened to Mighty Microsoft? And please don't all shout at once.....

No comments:

Post a Comment