Friday, December 20, 2013

Irfan's reply about the camera cards


Now that he mentions this, it makes sense, because it works the same for disks or USB flash drives. I just never thought of it. But if you already have some other program like Zoombrowser, or the built-in Microsoft Photos handling program installed, one of those will grab the camera card's images first, and the folder shown in the system drives window will be empty. To have the images appear in there, it would first be necessary to disable the other photo-handling programs, or at least change the settings, so that the card wouldn't have its images deleted automatically after download.


Here's an example of what Irfan said above, showing the window displaying the computer's drives, and one of the images from the camera card, shown as a removable drive (F) on the right. With Irfan's program set as my default for images, the photos on the card can be seen in his program, where they can be edited or resized, or whatever, and then filed as usual. And all this time, I've been making the process more complicated than it needs to be, with other programs that we have been talked into using for this. And I can't imagine why I hadn't thought of this until Irfan mentioned it. I'm lucky I've got friends who don't mind my stupid questions, because this is how I learn things.

No comments:

Post a Comment