Wednesday, May 18, 2016

All digital....

I got a set-top box for my last remaining analog TV monitor yesterday, so now, all three are able to display digital TV signals. That means the TV set plus the two 30-inch TV monitors on the two PCs. What's it look like, watching digital as it is converted to analog for an older set? It looks like this.....





We need to remember this isn't a digitized image. It's an analog image created from digital signals, so it isn't as sharp and clearly defined as the original digital signals coming from the antenna. And yes, it is an antenna, not cable. It's a home-made creation I whomped up twenty years ago for the stereo receiver, and as I've recently discovered, it also pulls in a half dozen digital TV stations, so today's Question Everything is: "Who needs cable?" I get a better picture for free, right out of the air, than I was receiving from Shaw Cable, so why would I want to go back to that, and pay them for something I can have for the taking? My own technology is apparently superior to theirs. I like that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment