Monday, November 12, 2018

Updating this: A little this and that.....

This past summer, I got back on the old mountain bike again, (actually a new one!) to get some exercise, and I've still got the bike inside the back of the SUV.

And now that the ski season is approaching again, and I'm fighting off "Ski Fever", I gave in on that one last week, deciding that I really do want one more winter on my favorite local hills, with a good digital camera this time, so I can come home with nice pictures.

And all that's costing me is $2,136.00. Why so much? Because I can't drive up to the main lodge, twenty-five minutes up the road, without proper winter tires installed on the vehicle. I didn't want just two snow tires on the driving wheels because nobody recommends that with radial tires like we're all using now. And so I bought a whole new set of four new rims with Goodyear snow tires installed, and new tire pressure sensors for those, and wheel-balancing and then the installation on to the vehicle. Along with that I opted for their storage plan for my summer set of wheels, for an additional hundred dollars plus tax, and so that whole thing came to $1,677.59. The seniors season pass was $250. with tax, and the other $208.89 is for the full season rental of Head skis & boots and liability insurance to cover those in case of loss or damage.

And now, I'm ready for winter 2018/19. All I want now is about 400 cm of base.
So I can't hit the rocks if I fall down acting stupid.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment