Thursday, September 5, 2019

Time Flies! It's September once again....

Here it is, almost the end of another summer again. Wow!

When you're my age - and you know from my using those words that I'm definitely older than most would like to be - at this point in my life, when calculating things, I've now lived for over seven years of every month on the calendar. Image..... seven solid years of June, or July, or August, or the February skiing season.... And now that I've had all that practice, here I am

too pooped to puff! It just ain't fair! To which, my expert old motorcycle mechanic would ask, "Who promised you life was going to be fair, Ray?"

Nobody, unfortunately. Or maybe that should be 'fortunately'. It could have

been a whole bunch worse.

Lately, I'm on Facebook probably too much. The thing is addictive, especially

if, like me, you enjoy a lively exchange on the subject of politics, or politicians,
or 'The stupidest bastards I've ever seen or heard of'.....  And then deal with the
howls of disagreement from their wretched supporters.

Today, as I do regularly, I scanned in a slice of the morning paper, for others to

enjoy. And then I feel entitled to comment on it, whether I ought to or not.
The one I chose for today is about Boris Johnson, the Brit PM, busy over there shooting himself in the foot, or wherever. Seems he's missing the vital spots. And making a hell of a mess, completely unnecessarily, as most politicos do. The Camel was probably the result of a government committee trying to design a better horse. The committee was composed of several jackasses.

Those Brits have always been an insufferable lot, ever since the days of old Queen Victoria, and Sir Francis Drake, and 'Rule Britannia' and all that rot. They convinced themselves, being successful pirates on the seas, that they ought to rule the world. History buffs, they weren't. The Persians, and the Egyptians and the Romans, and various and sundry others all had a try at it, and eventually came to the realization that it just doesn't work out very well unless everyone is on your side, and that's never happened yet.


But Boris Johnson, emulating Donald J. Trump The Last, and Xi Jinping, still tries
to re-invent his empire. Without a clue how to do it. He likes surprises, obviously. And he's getting them..... His hordes of know-it-all ignoramuses are seeing to that, and more power to them. If the pompous Boris of Eton and Oxford and such places had one more active brain cell, it would be terribly lonely....... but maybe with better hair. If he and Donald opened a hair-styling salon, it would be called "Entanglements".

No comments:

Post a Comment