Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monster home 1, family home 0 - there goes the neighbourhood.

I'm saddened to see this moving van in the driveway next to this gawd-awful monstrosity beside it. This lot where the small hotel-sized shack is slowly being constructed was once a nice quiet tree-covered lot with a three-bedroom rancher near the back of the lot, lived in by very quiet neighbours. Now, for almost a year, there's been nothing but banging and crashing and hammering and the growling of digging equipment as they've ripped up and tore down everything on the lot, and put up this goddamned eyesore. I really feel for the folks next to it - they've had a hell of a time lately. I'm sorry to see them surrender to the invaders. The Irish in me would prompt me to stay and fight, if I were them. I'm glad that's a decision that I don't have to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment