Monday, May 11, 2009

Still learning how, at my age....

Today, and it's still today just barely, (11:35 PM) I tried something I wouldn't have dared just a few months back. I divided this hard-drive into two separate partitions, and then installed yet another build of Windows 7 on the newly-created empty half of it.

The above is what the "computer" window looks like with two operating systems on it, and the smaller window just shows the build number of this second one. I also made another interesting (at least to me) discovery - once the two systems were installed, instead of spending a lot of time dressing up the new clean install of build 7068 with all its programs and the documents folder full of stuff, I tried something else. I got wondering if I could simply go onto the original partition's O/S, and copy folders from it, and then go back into the new partition's O/S and paste those into similar folders there. And the answer is, "Yes, you can!"

This probably only works if the two O/Ss are compatible, of course, but these are both very nearly identical versions of the same Windows, so it worked out very well. And here ends our lesson for today, Kiddies....and if you're asking yourself "why would he do this?" the answer is "Just to see if I could..." Life's just one long learning experience, after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment