Friday, June 10, 2011

Old ZX-10 visits Dr. Kawasaki for a check-up


The diagnosis was better than I expected, and the need for a new water pump was solved with a new 0-ring instead. I also got rid of a couple of other little add-ons that I didn't need, like the throttle lock for cruising, and that annoying anti-theft device on the ignition. I doubt that any bike thief with an I.Q. more than twice his shoe size would bother stealing a bike that's already 22 years old. In people years, that's like ninety or so. Fortunately, the bike doesn't know how old it is, so it just carries on, eating Ferraris for lunch, and you've gotta love a bike like this! Even at $95.00 an hour for shop labor. It's still cheaper than a new bike, and it keeps up to the traffic just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment