Friday, January 6, 2012

Hot from the oven - Chunky Cheese Bread....


Once again, I got to the store just after the bread came out of the oven, and before it cooled enough to be sliced. So this is today's still-warm loaf of Chunky Cheese, with the end crust ready for eating. And just a hint for you lovers of warm bread: that tablespoon's underside does a lot better job than a knife, for applying a spread on it. It rides over the soft surface without snagging, and doesn't damage the bread. And now you'll have to excuse me, because it's time for another slice!

P.S. - Click here for a recipe to make your own!
 

6 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely DELICIOUS...I found a recipe in an old cook book for cheese bread...think I'll make a loaf...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ron -

    Yes, you should try it. If it turns out anything like this, you're in for a real treat.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks DELICIOUS, alright! Funny...I even have a bread machine and used to try all kinds of herb breads, over a decade ago, but...somehow, I never made a cheese bread! Now, I'm gettin' HUNGRY! :-P Thanks for sharing! :-D

    (P.S. - Uncle Ron: did you ever get that smoked fish you were talking about ordering?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ TC[Girl] -

    You'd better dust off that bread making machine and try the recipe,
    and let us know what you think, TC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right, Ray! I'll get on it! :-D (hoping the belts aren't all dried out! "Worst" case scenerio, I'll go a little kneading, myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TC {Girl} No I didn't order that smoked white fish...But just thinking about it I may whip out my trusty credit card and start googling...The truth is I've never ordered any food over the internet as of yet...Not even a can of Spam...

    Bur Ray seems to do pretty good with his annual raspberry feasting ,etc.

    Now he's got sea gulls delivering his bread ..(Oh my mistake...they were releiving Ray of his cheese bread off his window sill) as he flashed his trusty Canon G9 at them...hehe

    That'll teach you to mess with my new neighbors photo...

    ReplyDelete