Wednesday, January 4, 2012

To Monsieur Beep -

About your blog entry of Monday, January 02, 2012:

 Mit Liebe wie bei anderen Dingen lernen wir aus unseren Fehlern.
Ich hoffe, dass Sie Ihre wahre Liebe finden und sind nie aus dem Palast geschoben.

The Microsoft translator doesn't work quite as well as the one from Google which is now not available as a desktop gadget, so in case the above doesn't read quite right in German, here it is in English: "With love as with other things, we learn from our mistakes. I hope that you find your true love and are never pushed from the Palace."

It took me a while to translate your blog entry, and some of the translation wasn't very good, but I'm hoping I got the right sense of it, Monsieur. You are into some deep waters with that subject, and I hope it all works out for you. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, Ray.
    I had copied the passage from a post of one of my flickr friends. I often do if only to bookmark an interesting article.
    I prefer the smoother melody of the English language.
    Astonishingly, when it comes to expressing feelings, German is a fine language to do just that. Astonishing b/c German is a bit rough and sputtering with all the consonants.

    You sensed that right, Ray. Love has always been an issue. At my age, it's like standing on a tower, and when I bend over and look down, instead of a solid base all I can see is a base as thin as a needle, ready to break and letting the tower topple over at any time.

    I hope to be living through a few periods of happiness these days. Love can't be had at a bargain price. The price is high. And it's still wrapped in. Will I be getting what I'm seeing?

    Thanks Ray for reading my blog. You're such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete