Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Found: The Task Manager in Windows 8


Ending the day on a happier note, I've finally located the Task Manager and got its rather bland and unexciting icon replaced by a creation of my own featuring Dana Delany in her role of dominatrix from the movie 'Exit To Eden' - and she's just perfect to represent the Task Manager here.


You too can make your own icons, but unless you can find an older version on the web, you'll have to cough up mucho dinero now for the excellent IcoFX.  But in its defence, I have to say it does an excellent job of turning images into icons and letting you edit them in the process. It began life as a fantastic freebie, but then they got hungry, and the rest is history, Folks. But my old freebie copy of it still works like a charm in Windows 8 I'm pleased to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment