Thursday, August 16, 2012

Windows 8 RTM - just for you!


Yes, you too can have your very own sample of the Enterprise version of the new Windows 8, but only for a 90-day trial, after which you have to wipe it out and re-install another licensed version of Windows. So why bother?

As you can see in the above, I'm already running the Release Preview of Win-8, and I'm used to it, and I don't want to change it just for 90 days. This version is good until well after the final retail versions will be available, and so I'm going to stick with what I've got.

There's an article elsewhere on the web [ please click here for it ] which talks about 8 changes from this Release Preview, one of which mentions more Desktop Backgrounds. I just want to mention that you can still make your own and install them in much the same way we do in Windows 7, so you don't really need more standard-issue ones unless you'd rather not make your own with your own pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment