Thursday, May 16, 2013

COPD and me - and Spiriva.....


This cute little contraption lets me treat my lung problems once a day instead of using another product like Atrovent four times a day.  So once in the morning and I'm good for the day. 

It uses capsules which it punctures just before you inhale the powder in them, and after you push the button on the side of it to puncture the capsule, and then take a couple of long and deep inhalations to get that powder into your lungs, there's nothing left inside the capsule, which you then discard. And this stuff really works. It's fairly new on the market, and expensive, but you get what you pay for - in this case, the ability to keep on breathing a little easier.
I wouldn't try running a marathon, but I can hike around the big supermarket now without using my rescue puffer, or stopping to wheeze for a while. So it's a winner for me.


Just making sure my inhalations were done correctly, and all the medication was ingested from the capsule. The longer and deeper you breathe in, the better.
This stuff is too expensive to waste. So I checked the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment