Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dear Mighty Microsoft, you semi-sweet thing you...

May I show you a screenshot, not obtained using Internet Explorer 10 ?

 
Are you still wondering why I said above "not obtained using I.E. 10"? A while ago, I was trying to grab a few images off a website, for my files, and future use, and using I.E. 10 - or trying to - it kept crashing with every image-filing attempt.

Mighty Microsoft has been in the software flogging trade for some time now - long enough to have figured out how to assemble code for a correctly-functioning program like Internet Explorer. Older versions of it worked very well, so tell me what the hell went wrong with version ten? Were the guys who built the good ones of yesteryear all turfed out with that abrasive VIP who thought he was God's gift to computer users everywhere, but forgot who he was working for?

Please try to fix this goddamned thing before I give up entirely and switch to PC-BSD 9.0 - which, incidently, is a hell of a good-looking program that just works - no ass-kissing required. I like that. Millions of others might too. And it comes with all the additional add-on programs that anyone could ask for, without us having to shop the web for third-party stuff from questionable suppliers. Am I trying to tell you something? Goddamned right I am! And if you're smarter than my Pet Rock, you'll sit up and pay attention, before the competition kicks the shit out of you. And some of that is spelled Firefox....
Get the picture?

3 comments:

  1. Interesting thing about IE 10. We've been trying to print from web pages (ie. cooking recipes) and yup IE 10 crashes. Not goodness here.

    Didn't realize this little bug. Now I have to coy and paste into MS Word to print stuff.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS meant to say Copy and Paste, above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tommy -

    Hi, Tom - Have you tried Firefox?

    It's automatically updated frequently and if it does have a problem, which isn't often, you can send them a report, with your own comments added, and they actually acknowledge it. I've never had the kinds of problems with Firefox that I'm getting with I.E. 10.....and I'm amazed that Microsoft can't spare some of their 35,000 employees to fix it.
    Especially when they've tried so hard to make sure we all use it, whether it works or not. Maybe if it worked better, we would use it for something more than a spare in case our browser of choice is busy or God forbid, quits on us a la I.E. - And Firefox has better security, and many more choices of add-ons and extensions - but best of all, it works!

    ReplyDelete