Thursday, August 8, 2013

Today's Breakfast: Cheese-flavored instant oatmeal cereal

I like those packets of instant oatmeal that come in various flavors, like 'Peaches and Cream' (really flavored dried apples and powdered milk product) or 'Maple and  Brown Sugar', which I'm working my way through at the moment. And this one is really tasty if you top it off with a little organic coconut sugar, which gives it a really authentic 'brown sugar' flavor. But I'm digressing again - back to the cheese! 

I was mixing up the required packet of flavored oatmeal with its 2/3 cup of water, and thinking "I wonder how it would taste with a slice of cheddar singles added to it?" I added the slice of cheese, nuked it for a minute and ten seconds, stirred it up to mix in the cheese, and then nuked it for another 30 seconds.
It's just delicious. Not quite breakfast, but not quite lunch either - it's somewhere around 'coffee break' perhaps....now if it just had a sprinkling of chopped bits of honey ham, with a scrambled egg on top......

See why I don't write cookbooks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment