Monday, March 30, 2015

Up on the hill today (Cypress Mountain Road)


This (red marker) is a famous viewpoint about halfway up toward Cypress Mountain Ski Area, and it's where I took some pictures today...



My first was of where I came from, taken at 40X on the Nikon, so it's not nearly as close as it looks here...


This is the parking lot at the viewpoint, with my new Dodge in the foreground...



These are a couple of empty freighters awaiting births at a loading terminal in the inner harbor....



This is another, on its way in to its place in the "parking lot"....


This is Canada Place, with its famous sails-shaped roof, where the cruise ships birth during the season. It's also a convention center, and has an IMAX theater, and some pricey parking....



And before I left the viewpoint, I took this, to reassure myself that Spring really is here. Some days, it's hard to keep the faith, the way our weather's been. But these dandelions really help. When I was a kid, I made it into the weekly paper back home by finding the first dandelion in bloom there that year. The date was February fifth, and that was in northern Ontario, not in balmy B.C. This is a late Spring for us, but better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment