Friday, October 30, 2015

I'm running a little late today.... too much Facebook.



Somehow, today, I let myself get dragged into a discussion about the spending of 1.3 billion US on the problem-plagued F-35 replacement for the F-22, which as I said is the superior aircraft in many ways, but lacks cutting-edge electronics. That whole thing dragged on and on, because Americans hate to lose an argument, or anything else, even when you can prove they are full of shit right up to their eyebrows!

So that whole thing resulted in us having to re-fight the whole Second World War, and then talk about taxes as a means of forcing behavior on the unwashed masses. And I'm exhausted! And that's partly my fault, because I hate to lose an argument myself. It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong or not quite entirely right, and it takes real skill to back away from something or someone when everything in you is saying "Sock it to him!" or "Finish him off!"

This had me thinking that most of us have too much of the "fight or flight" in us, because we get aggressive with one another too easily, especially when there really isn't any need for it. I didn't really dislike the guy - I just thought he was full of shit. He wasn't checking his facts. He was coming from a base of typical American bravado and bullshit, and I can't resist educating the ignorant. Shame on me! I wasted half the afternoon for nothing. He's still stupid, and I'm four hours older. End of story!

И если это заставляет вас улыбаться, я улыбаюсь с вами.

No comments:

Post a Comment