Friday, October 9, 2015

Windows 10: New theme....From Linux Mint





This you will recognize as some of that theme from Linux Mint, which is on here dual-booting with Windows 10. And yes, Virginia, you can drag and drop from one to the other if you do it correctly. No need for HomeGroup or Email. That's the big advantage of dual-booting. I got tired of those other backgrounds on here, so I decided to give it a little color. And when I fired up Win-10 today, I had to scratch my head for a moment, because it's been about a week since I'd run it last, and my head was into Linux instead of "Windows 8, SP2". That's a joke, but only partly. When Linux Mint 17.2 was evaluating this drive to find anything else on it, it actually identifies this as "Windows 8". All because of the code numbers it found, which originate with Windows 8. So in a real sense, this very well could be "Windows 8, Service Pack 2". But if Satya and the kids in Redmond want to call it "Windows 10" who am I to argue? Call it whatever you like, just so it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment