Sunday, October 3, 2010

Last evening's sunset - a lucky shot !


This was by far much more luck than good management.  I almost missed it, and would have if I hadn't decided to take a break from the computer and then turned around to look outside.

I've been told that I seem to be using the long zoom a lot, and that's true. Things just look better to me when they're up closer. Maybe it's something to do with old age and deteriorating sight.Or maybe it's just a personal quirk, but using the zoom, even when I'm taking shots of flowers in the gardens seems to make the results look better.

A friend has said that I should have a better camera with a zoom lens on it, and that's a lovely idea, but the truth is that I haven't learned how to use the ones I've already got, so I'd better do that first. I'm from the school of thought which believes that instruction books were made for people who would rather read than play with the goodies. So I fumble around a lot, and make a lot of mistakes, and when I finally get some half-assed decent results, I'm disgustingly proud of myself. Others, who have taken the time to read the instructions, have already mastered the equipment I'm still trying to figure out by the fumble method.

________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment