Thursday, October 21, 2010

More leaves, same trees - composite


Those maples and their mirror image, combined into one.

May I whine a moment here? Not at you - at Good Old Google. When they invent a new format for their blogs, and put it out there for all us boobs to try out and use, it might be really nice if they could just first of all make sure that everything in it is working as correctly as possible, and actually doing its job properly. Specifically, the formatting of text on here. When I pick a font, it would be great if the damned thing stayed active long enough for me to actually get using it before it reverts to some unchosen default setting picked out by some backroom genius in the Google home world. If it did stay as the active choice for me, it would then be just marvelous if it could be used for composing lines of text without having to play "guess where I'm jumping to when it comes time for the next line here" - sometimes it just sits there doing nothing, other times it suddenly jumps up several lines into already-typed text, and sometimes the only way to get it going in the right direction is to alternately hit "Enter' and the 'Down' arrow until it actually moves to where it should have gone but didn't, because there's obviously a problem with the double-breaks in the code somewhere. Not being code-literate, I can't fix it, nor should I have to. It should have been ready for Prime Time before Google turned it loose on us.

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth here - I'm just saying if you're giving me a horse at all, then it should be alive and well and able to pull the wagon, or leave me with the donkey I came in with here! I at least knew how to get it mobile in less than half a day.

1 comment: