Friday, October 22, 2010

Tommy asks: "How did you put that image into your blog header?"


After you sign in and see your Dashboard, choose "Design" from the underlined choices to the right of the "New Post" button. That takes you to "Add and Arrange Page Elements", where you will see a frame under the solid blue Navbar for the Title (and description) of your blog, with (Header) after it, and a button marked "Edit".  Click on that "Edit".

That brings up the smaller window (upper left) to "Configure Header", showing what you now are using for your blog title and any related description of it. Just below that part, you should see an invitation to add an image from your files or some other source like the web. For mine (above) it invites me to remove the image, or change how it is placed in relation to the title and description.

The image you choose shouldn't be too big, but it does accept some fairly big ones. Mine being a pano was much too big at first, and the system couldn't resize it down to fit until I reduced it a little on several tries, until I got it to the biggest size the program would accept, and just nicely fit the page to match the width of the main text block. When I got it to fit, it was down to 924 by 325, which fits very nicely. Don't forget to click on the little "Save" button to lock in your changes before you close those windows. That should do it for you - you should now have a nice image behind your title header.

__________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Ray. I tried it with some success. I'm still working on the formatting of the entire blog. But, for now it's ok.

    Thanks again.

    By the way, the picture is one that I stitched together using Photoshop. It's of the Walkway Over the Hudson. I have a 10 foot wide version of this hanging over my fireplace at home. Obviously a big file....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tommy -

    You're welcome, Tommy - glad I could help. That's a mighty fine looking picture you have on there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ray. Actually, I'm kind of proud of that picture myself. I have a fantacy of selling prints of it. Sort of like selling cocanuts to the tourists on the beach :-)

    Now, if I could figure out more about changing the HTLM code for the blog, thus finishing my attempts at formating it. The code, unfortunately, if not real straight foward...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I now have the header looking fairly good. Now, if I can get rid of that vertical line running through all the posts...:-(

    I'll look at that later.

    ReplyDelete