Friday, July 12, 2013

Just Learning, Folks - Just Learning....


Today, I've been shopping for a newer photo editing program, and settled on Corel's PaintShop Pro X5......


....and I'd better not tell you how long it took me to resize this 4000 by 3000 px image from the camera down to the right resolution for my monitor.... let's just say "I'm much older now! - a little wiser, and a whole lot older."

But compared to my old Arcsoft PhotoStudio (which the expert chewed up and spit out during his appraisal) this is like a whole other ballgame. And so far, the
other side's winning..... but I'm just beginning this game, so stay tuned. This baby's got features I never knew I needed until I started reading the directions.
They must be putting something different in the water down there in Ottawa these days compared to when I left there 45 years ago. The closest they came to computers back then was an IBM Selectric and a Burroughs Adding Machine.
How times have changed..... 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ray...I read your post on buying a new picture program (Corel's Paint Shop Pro X5)...Looks pretty good to me...I got thinking though...What other choices did you have?...So I looked up Picture programs and found one I had never heard of called PIXLR...It's an on line program and its free...) It has three levels of working with photos ...I tried them out and I decided to join them...When you register you can save whatever you are working on...This program is probably not as good as Corel's but I'm going to play with it and see what I can do...Thanks for prompting me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy to help, Uncle Ron.

    I hope you have fun with that.
    It sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete