Monday, June 23, 2014

Speaking of pinging....

Here's another Question Everything......



If I can ping the pinging website www.pingomatic.com and get results back, then why do I see this.....



...when I try to connect to their web page? This has been happening for several days now, and they don't even seem to be aware of it. If their servers are returning pings, why can't we connect? And the answer is.......


That IP Address of Pingomatic returned my ping because it isn't the site for Pingomatic, but rather is the site of Wordpress.org in downtown Atlanta, GA.
Evidently, the Pingomatic service is some auxiliary function on that main site.
And they don't know it isn't functioning correctly, because they haven't checked it lately.  Fortunately, there's still Pingoat, and it isn't a Wordpress operation.


And that's why I can't get Pingomatic to work when I want to ping other URLs.
Because someone's asleep at the switch at Wordpress in Atlanta....

No comments:

Post a Comment