Monday, December 1, 2014

More Windows Technical Preview notes....

I wasn't entirely happy with the Build 9879 and its use of so much RAM, so I decided to try a new download of hopefully a more recent copy. I downloaded the ISO, and when I burned it to disk and installed it, I discovered I had received Build 9841, the very first I'd started out on. So then I had to do an on line upgrade to a new build, which, an hour and a half later, turned out to be the new copy of build 9879 that I thought I was getting the first time. So I wasn't terribly impressed by all that dancing around.

An ISO file should identify its build before you select to download it, and then all that bullshit could be avoided. We're just wasting time and energy and bandwidth for nothing, duplicating things that aren't what we wanted. And that isn't mentioning how it makes the participant feel. I could tell you, but I'd have to resort to a lot of nasty and censored language concerning sex, travel, and the weather to expect upon arrival. So you'll just have to use your imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment