Saturday, May 2, 2015

Everything Old Is New Again....


A year or so ago, at 'The Source' (our successor to Radio Shack) I got a fancy new solid-state answering-machine phone, with adjustable everything and more configurable features than anyone in this half the galaxy needs. The Reset to clear old messages quit doing its thing unless repeatedly pressed - sometimes rather forcefully. Then, it quit announcing "Please leave a message after the tone". And instead of accepting messages, it sits there, like a bug on a log, making weird little clicking noises which I finally identified as being the sounds from my last attempt at clearing old messages. It recorded those, but not the last few messages.

So I said....(better skip this part!) and then disconnected its power supply and telephone cord, packed it into an old box where I keep such junk, and got out my old reliable see-thru Princess-style phone from many years ago. I has both wall and desk mount options. I wall-mounted it right beside favorite computer, and equipped it with a ten-foot coil-cord on the handset, so I can go almost anywhere in here.

Then, I took its picture, just for posterity. When it rings, there are some cute little lights inside it that light up with each ring. And the ringer turns off, for when you just want to depend on the lights, plus the ringtones from the fax machine in the nearby closet. Everything old is new again. And Honorable Chinese should remember what Confucius say: "Girls who fly upside down sure to have crack up."

No comments:

Post a Comment