Thursday, May 14, 2015

Windows 10: More security... Malwarebytes + SUPERAntiSpyware.


There's a couple of things I'd like to mention about this program. Firstly, it isn't an antivirus per se, but rather, it supplements the antivirus you have by finding things it misses. Secondly, it has a built-in feature called Chameleon which can get it started even if you're infected, and then it can clean out things like rootkits and such. It is quite compatible with most antivirus programs, and if you have it installed (I have the Premium version) it will automatically block incoming malicious websites, and show you their IP Address, so that if you wish, you can add those to a Blacklist. This is a very nice feature! You should try it.

And here's something else I like: SUPERAntiSpyware. The name's kind of kooky but it is wonderful at finding all kinds of Adware and trackers that get loaded into your system all the time. On any given day, in Windows 10, there's over a dozen of those cookies busily blabbing your personal details to their home websites, without asking you if you mind. This program can and does clean those out. It has a 'freebie' version, but I've got the Lifetime Professional, because they had a special offer once, and I got in on it. I'm glad I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment