Monday, May 4, 2015

Weather gadget in Windows 8.1...

That really informative weather gadget from addgadgets stopped linking to its sources, so I'm back to the "heads-up display" also found in the 8GadgetPack. It's much easier to see, and you can change the colors of its read-out in its options section. One thing I'd like is to be able to change the sizes of those letters and numbers, but we can't have everything I guess.... and if you'd like to get that gadget pack, just click the link in the right margin here. 



If our fighter aircraft have these "heads-up displays" on their windscreens, when can we expect to see them on our cars? I think it would be neat.  My new Dodge has lots of readouts on its instrument panel, including the outdoor temperature, but not on the windshield. Would it be too distracting? Not as much as your mobile phone, for sure. And one day, it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment