Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Windows 10: Themes: Yes, I do have others; 49


This is a theme I made for Windows 8, using several of the backgrounds from the operating system PC-BSD 10, which has some very nice ones, but those are all "singles" - not in a slideshow format, like Windows. So I moved some of them into Windows, and created a Windows slideshow-type Theme with them. And now that's copied into Windows 10. 

When you have three operating systems on one drive, you don't need 'Homegroup' to share things. You simply go into File Explorer, to another O/S, and find what you want, and drag & drop it onto this Desktop. Then move it where you wish in this operating system. It's very convenient. And if you have two computers, and don't want to be bothered setting up 'Homegroup' and passwords and all that, you can simply email files back and forth from one to the other. Easy and simple. Sometimes, we let life get more complicated than it really needs to be. Try to remember the saying "Keep It Simple, Stupid" - KISS.

That ought to be tattoo'd on the foreheads of those who developed Internet Explorer! I became a world-class cusser trying to use that thing back in the old days of 98SE and XP and 'Vasta Vista'. Then, I discovered Mozilla, and Firefox, and life became much less tense and annoying. That's what I was thinking of the other day as I did that rant about Windows and what I'd like to see in it. One thing I've NEVER liked to see in it is Internet Explorer, so Thank God the folks at Mighty Microsoft are finally fixing that and creating something better.

1 comment:

  1. I am really thankful to all your squad for sharing specified inspirational substance. premium wordpress themes

    ReplyDelete