Sunday, July 12, 2015

Windows 10, and that Edge browser problem....

For a brief couple of minutes last night around midnight, I thought Microsoft had surprised me with a quick fix for the "doesn't work in Google's Blogger" problem. I re-tried it, and it actually showed a complete text-editor page for long enough for me to compose three paragraphs. And then when I switched it from a posted entry back into "edit" mode, everything went back to shit again. HTML shit, to be specific. Without normal formatting, and with the instruction codes very visible.

Thinking maybe I hadn't configured something correctly, I carefully went back over the whole thing, checking all the defaults, verifying it was set as the default browser, checking in Control Panel to make sure the Internet Explorer was selected in Windows "Turn Windows features on or off", and everything checked out OK. So my three newly-posted paragraphs thanking Microsoft for its fast response to my cry for help had to be removed, because it isn't fixed yet. And we're just 18 days from its public debut. And not all of those "working days"....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment