Saturday, March 27, 2010

Could have saved three hours by looking here first -


Today was 'one of those days'.... I got thinking I was smarter than I really am ( my normal mode!) and tried to edit the registry to make a pair of my own third-party icons work in place of those in Windows 7, and I spent about three hours ( more, actually ) surfing the web and reading great stories about how to fix this, and how simple it is, and blah, blah, blah.... And the bottom line is that absolutely none of those delightful bits of advice worked. Then, I got just a wee bit smarter, and remembered something I should have thought of hours before - (you guessed it!) - Fix It.

As you see, there's also a handy little Desktop Gadget for "Mr. Fix It", and clicking on its top title bar ( where the little guy is ) will take you to the home page shown above. I wish I'd done that about three hours sooner!  :-(   But better late than never...




No comments:

Post a Comment