Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just when you think you've seen everything, you haven't !

This came in the afternoon's emails.....

Congratulations Ray,

My name is Matthew Feldman, and I work for Pioneer Emergency's web team.  We have been searching the blogosphere for interesting and timely senior blogs.  You have been selected by Pioneer Emergency as a top senior related blog!  We scoured hundred of blogs and you have been selected as one of the best on the Internet.  Please accept our hearty congratulations from Pioneer Emergency!  We were very selective in or criterion, and so many blogs did not get included in our top
blog list.

Firstly, we would like to send you a $20 Amazon gift card as a prize. Please tell us the email address to send the gift card to and we will have it sent right away.

Secondly, you can see a link to your blog as well as the other winners online here: http://www.pioneeremergency.com/top-senior-blogs/.  Tell your friends, blog about it, or just link back.

Thirdly, each prize winner is entitled to display an e-trophy with the name of the award on it.  Please go to http://www.pioneeremergency.com/top-senior-blogs/award_images_page.php, and select the trophy that matches your category.

Fourthly, we would invite you to try or gift 3 months of our Medical Alarm system.  A medical alarm system is a combination of a medical alert pendant and a base unit.  In case of an emergency, a fall, a stroke, or another acute condition, pressing the wireless button alerts the base station which calls the central station.  The central station is manned around the clock with dedicated medical alarm operators.  Depending on the type of situation, the paramedics or family may be notified.  To take advantage of this offer, write me back with the name and phone number of the person who you would like to receive the unit, and we will call them and arrange shipping and set up.  If you want to continue after the 3 month gift, the monthly rate is $29.95.

Thanks for your time and congratulations.  Again, please let me know how you want to receive the Amazon gift certificate. 
 
Cheers,
 
Matthew Feldman
 
Note:
I thanked him for his award, but graciously declined his offer. I don't provide free advertising for products or services that I haven't yet tried and can't personally vouch for. I don't shop on Amazon, and so the $20 voucher wouldn't be of any use to me. And I resent having someone try to manipulate me perhaps because they think I'm some dull-witted old fart who wouldn't see through their little scheme. I can't say I'm older than 'bullshit' but I am certainly familiar with that pungent aroma as it wafts my way.
 
___________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. "I thanked him for his award, but graciously declined his offer."

    Gee Ray, you're a better lad than I. I would have hit the old trash button on that one..

    "I can't say I'm older than 'bullshit' but I am certainly familiar with that pungent aroma as it wafts my way."

    Oh Ray, you have such a delightfully refreshing use of the English Language. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tommy -

    Thanks for the encouragement!

    About the language: There's only 26
    letters in the alphabet, so the trick is in how you arrange them.

    ReplyDelete